People with Disabilities
One of my passions is helping people with disabilities and their families. This special area really “hit home” for me in 2018 when my Mom had what we thought was a stroke. I’ve also personally helped another family member navigate the challenging process of applying for ODSP (Ontario Disability Support Program).
The world of personal finance Is that much more complicated when you need to balance the rigid eligibility criteria for government tax credits and programs for people with disabilities. I do my best to be an advocate for you and at least make this complicated world a little more personable.
I help adults and children with disabilities (and their families):
• Open and maintain RDSPs (Registered Disability Savings Plans)
• Maximize the bonds and grants available to them via their RDSP
• Manage investments held within Henson Trusts
• Understand financial options available to them, including:
b) CPP disability
c) CPP Post Retirement Disability Benefit
d) personal or group disability coverage
• Create proper life and estate plans to ensure the person with disabilities maintains adequate care and dignity throughout their lives